Let's Know About
Brain Food ?
A great way to help enhance brain development through optimizing one’s diet. This consists of not just eliminating unhealthy products but also incorporating superfoods, leafy vegetables and special herbs.
Benefits of Brain Food
- An article from Harvard Health notes that including green leafy vegetables such as kale, spinach and collars can enhance cognitive function because of the rich nutrients such as vitamin K, lutein, folate, folate, and beta carotene included within each (Harvard Health, 2021).
- The article also notes that consuming fish, which are rich with omega-3 fatty acids, as well as walnuts can also improve memory (Harvard Health, 2021).
- Incorporating foods with antioxidants such as blueberries and other fruits can boost memory and spices such as saffron and cumin to boost cognitive function through strengthening brain health according to an article from the Mayo Clinic.
- Combinations of superfoods and specific herbs can help the brain in various distinct manners, all of which will be detailed further in weekly blog updates.
So How Can You Integrate Brain Food?
- The best way to start is by outlining what your child consumes on a daily basis and eliminate unhealthy foods such as saturated oils and foodstuffs with excessive carbohydrates.
- Afterwards, slowly integrating brain foods into a meal a day can help your child adjust to the dietary change.
- Each week, Project Outgrows will post about specific dishes or foods- brain foods- that can be incorporated into one’s diet.